Applications for Reception places in 2024
Starting School in September 2024?
Applications for children starting in September 2024 are now open.
More details on this can be found on the Cornwall Council Admissions page.
The application process is for children currently living in Cornwall who need a school place in Cornwall or in another local authority.
For further information, head to the Cornwall County Council websites:
Changing school or joining a school during the school year ('in year')?
You can make an ‘in-year application' to change schools or join a school in Cornwall during the school year. In-year applications include joining an existing year group at the start of a new school year.
Please click on the link below for further information from Cornwall County Council:
Need to Appeal a School Place Decision?
Launceston Primary School Admissions Appeals are managed by Cornwall County Council. Please refer to Cornwall County Council website for information and timetables for organising and hearing admissions appeals.
Preparing Your Child for School
When your child starts school their ability to cope with certain skills will help them to adapt to school with confidence. Practice the following with your child so they are ready for their first day:
- Dress himself / herself
- Put shoes on the correct feet
- Tie shoelaces
- Go to the toilet by themselves and wash their hands with soap and water afterwards
- Hang up his / her clothes
- Put away toys without help
- Take turns when playing with others
We do our very best to provide a secure and happy environment for your child, but you can help us by:
- Encouraging your child to come to school on time
- Writing to explain why your child is unable to attend school
- Supplying the name and telephone number of a relative of friend who may be contacted in an emergency
- Let us know of any changes or circumstances at home which may upset your child at school – any information given will be kept confidential
- Support us by attending parents meetings and taking an interest in our school